Friday, September 20, 2013

2016 Presidential Campaign

Part of the assignment was to tell your readers why you think the article is worth reading. That made this assignment a real challenge for me.  In the "suggested source," many source's are all telling the same story. If I am going to endorse a story than I need to find a story that I believe in, or at least, one that peaks my interest. Many of the topics are just a reminder that there is a flaw in our government.  This constant bickering between the parties and this chess game they seem to be playing with our lives and with our futures is appalling to me. And here's the real kicker, we are still in 2013 half way through President Obama's second of a four year term. The battle lines are already being drawn for the 2016 Presidential election.

In this article that I discovered in Time they are actually lining up the possible candidates for our 2016 election.  I find this amazing!  When you read this article you will be seeing governors that we are familiar with and of course a few that we would have no reason to know of.  There is a House Representative, a Senator and Hillary Clinton, who hasn't even announced her candidacy.  You will have to click on each prospective candidate to read a little of their campaign platform or what might make them a good candidate per their supporters. This is exactly where I think we as voters need to get involved.  We have an midterm election coming up in November 2014.  We need to start now in placing the candidates we truly believe can do the job for the seats that will be filled in this election. These are the seeds that we need to plant today, knowing that they will be running for higher offices in the future. Of the candidates that are profiled in the upcoming 2016 Primary election, I am not pleased with the selection. Of the ones I do know, they are not doing that well of a job in their current seats. How and why are they candidates for a higher position.




1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Steve. I really liked how you led in with your background. It makes your comments very real to the topic. Your other references and articles were also well thought out. It's great to see someone passionate about our government!

    Karen May

    ReplyDelete